Tuesday 12 July 2016

My Swaziland; Mercy oh My Chef

Are you interested in Swaziland
Fascinated by Swazi politics
Accelerated by Swazi laws and customs
The rose was beautiful while still a bud.

Do you find it interesting that
We love solving problems,
The Swazi way.
Simplifying mountains
To crumbs
Hills to dust:

My inheritance,
The smallest but
Most effective psychiatric
Ward in all my world;

No lunatic complaining,
Dreams-tangible dreams
To every paranoiac
To become and to live out in full,

Out of the extraordinary
Comes the ordinary:
From dreams I live
My full life with all its fruits
Bitter or sweet,
A potato of potatoes I am.
Mercy oh my chef of many chefs
The pot is rather
Too hot for my skin to bear:
Why me,
A little water,
This would do me
More good than pain:

I benefit a little-prolong the pain,
Lessen it for a little while.
My master wants chips
Nice crumbly hot
Chips:

That’s all I am.
A nourisher;
Destined to nothing else but
A rudely hot pot; by accident of birth,
And ever gnarly belly,
Ever so juicily potty worthy
And fresh:

Saucy potty leaks and politics
Psychiatrists and sarcastics toying
Hospitalized hopefuls
Freely born free dumps slaved in
Freedom,
What is the difference
Swazi pot leaks
Saucy politics.

My psychiatric hospital
My prison
My home
My hope
My trap
My delusion
My heaven
My hell.

What is the difference;
Mercy oh my chef of many chefs;
A little water will do me more good than this
Pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment