Saturday 31 December 2016

A prayer of thanks and the incoming year

To Lord God Jehovah Almighty,
King and creator of all there is,
Benefactor of all men,
Wise, loved and most feared:
I am the most base of all creations
Yet you have, in all your works around the world,
Below and above
Chosen to sustain me
Through out all my failings
All your disappointments
And all your grief.
For all that I am grateful.
I am grateful the great grandmas you've
Given me.
Im grateful for my mother and sister
Grateful for my aunts and uncles,
For the smile I get whenever I see my shop attendant
The twinkling eyes the young Indian from my spaza shop gives me
Whenever I come to book yet another bag of sugar
The firm, unapologetic handshake my white Jehovah's Witness brothers and sisters in Christ give me every time I visit them
I am grateful for my stupidity.
For through it I have learnt humility and the courage to say I am sorry
I thank you for my time alone for it has given me
A space to reflect on myself, see my strengths and my weakness.
Thank you for the hard times,
For from them I have learnt the value of lack and the have experienced the beauty of family.
Thank you for the impossible times Jehovah
For through them I have learnt of the value of faith in you and the practicality of miracles.
I have not seen the hands of angels yes
But I have witnessed them comforting me through every pain Ive suffered
I have felt myself getting stronger every day because of their ministry.
Thank you for this past twenty eight years Jehovah
And thank you for the thousand more that are to soon come to pass.
I may suffer all there is today but
To know that your Son Jesus is in his first century as King of kings
Gives me great comfort and hope for soon enough
Paradise earth will be a reality and human kind will
Once again be free of all pain and long suffering.
In Jesus' name
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment